stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsResuming from autogfx.sav
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
David Bass
2002-09-03 17:22:40
It seemed that the auto.sav and autogfx.sav are compatible, so I renamed auto.sav to autogfx.sav and ran the graphical client.

All seemed well, except... the max and mean distance travelled by particles (reported in the text area at the bottom of the screen) was definitely incorrect.  From the displayed positions of the particles (around the 20th solenoid) I would have expected a max distance of the order of 20 metres, but the displayed figure was around 4 metres.  The mean distance shown was around 2-3 metres.

Trivial?  Certainly.
Stephen Brooks
2002-09-04 02:01:22
Those counters at the bottom of the screen were written before I put in the autosave feature, and they rely on the "initial mean position" of the beam being where it was emitted from rather than where it was loaded from.  So they will be incorrect in restored simulations.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Jwb52z
2002-09-04 07:36:55
Is there a way you could reprogram them somehow to be correct on the simulations that are restored or have them adjust?
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25159216 accesses.