stephenbrooks.orgForumOtherBrowser Warspage to large
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
jesus
2002-07-09 10:49:44
Hi,
The page is a lilte bit too large.  I have to scroll each time to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the nice game..
Pascal
2002-07-09 11:36:28
Hi jesus,

I know it would be a failure of mine *makingacross*

use a higher resolution and you'll see.

An' at least... take it easy...

Greetings from Germany..

2002-07-09 14:34:07
one thing I could do is to move the "last played" and "current browser" to the bottom of the page.  If that weren't enough I could also move the introductory paragraph, although that might make it look a bit odd.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
kruemi [Swissteam.NET]
2002-07-10 00:55:31
Another solution could be, to place an anchor in the Page, and let reference the reload link, to that anchor.  (that are the urls with the #name ath the end)

you just have to insert a in the source, just above the playing-field and add a #game at the end of the reload-link!

bye

kruemi

--
Don't read this.  And neither this!
Stephen Brooks
2002-07-11 05:19:24
I've tried putting an anchor in, and unfortunately this seems to interact badly with the 'query'. Normally IE will reload the page from the server every time because I request for index.php?  and the ?  indicates a query-string (in this case null) so it knows the page is dynamic and does not cache.

However if I put an anchor "board" in there, and have a hyperlink to index.php?#board or index.php#board?  or index.php?testpadding#board or anything like that, IE sees the "#board" part and assumes a scroll-jump is all that is needed and does not reload the page at all!

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
Apfel
2002-07-12 05:52:23
why not split the whole thing up into a (static) introductory page that in turn links to the dynamic board script... the winning page would not read that strange then...

Bernhard M.
_______
one can always do better
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25168087 accesses.