stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Bug ReportsResults lost in the mail?
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
astra412
2002-10-28 08:40:17
Hi,

I noticed that my computer autosent my results sometime in the last two-days or so (> 24hrs) but my stats have as yet not changed confused. Any idea on where they've gotten off to?

Thanks,

astra412
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-28 09:28:26
Weird.... no I don't know where they've gone.  I wondered at first if the limit I'd set on the Muon FTP dir had got hit by DPC and it was starting to lost results, but in fact right now it's nowhere near.  Your file appears to have been modified October 19th here.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
astra412
2002-10-28 18:58:00
Alright.  I just upgraded the hard drive so it may have gotten lost somewhere in the move.  I'll just let it be.

Astra412
[Ars]kenlow
2002-10-29 03:09:52
I uploaded a hugh file about 2 updates ago, but there is no sign of it on the stats frown

Anything wrong on your end?  These were results harvested using the proxy... I have a backup of the file just in case smile

Tell me if I need to upload it again.

Ken
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-29 04:54:22
It's possible there some idiot deleting stuff off the FTP server.
There is a permissions-change I could try - make the owner of the dirs "stephenbrooks" and then only allow "muon1" write access.  I'll have to test that on another dir first.  Also I am rather busy right now with academic work so I can't do this stuff instantly.

"As every 11-year-old kid knows, if you concentrate enough Van-der-Graff generators and expensive special effects in one place, you create a spiral space-time whirly thing, AND an interesting plotline"
[Ars]kenlow
2002-10-29 09:07:00
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Brooks:
It's possible there some idiot deleting stuff off the FTP server.
There is a permissions-change I could try - make the owner of the dirs "stephenbrooks" and then only allow "muon1" write access.  I'll have to test that on another dir first.  Also I am rather busy right now with academic work so I can't do this stuff instantly.

Is there a limit to the size of the file I can upload without overloading the system?

1MB...2MB?
Stephen Brooks
2002-10-29 12:39:06
No, there shouldn't be.  The only restriction is that the total amount of results submitted between stats-updates shouldn't exceed 50MB, but it hasn't got close to this yet.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162919 accesses.