Hi,

as a workaround:

Try to download "servers.csv" manually or rename
"servers2.csv" to "servers.csv".

HTH

[AVE] Mr. Sledge Hammer
Bionic_Redneck
2003-07-30 23:46:36
Ok now I have tries renaming servers2.csv to servers.csv and also downloaded sever.csv but no luck.  It did atleast say hello before the Segmentation fault.  I have tried with both mandrake 9.1 & suse 8.2

Could this have to do with the version of glibc used on new distros?  Confused
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-07-31 14:26:25
quote:
Originally posted by Bionic_Redneck:
Ok now I have tries renaming servers2.csv to servers.csv and also downloaded sever.csv but no luck.  It did atleast say hello before the Segmentation fault.  I have tried with both mandrake 9.1 & suse 8.2

Strange...

quote:
Could this have to do with the version of glibc used on new distros?  Confused

I will do some checks next week.  BTW: I tested the "manualsend" with a lot
of systems/"distros" (RedHat, SuSE, LFS, ...).  I don't think that these segfaults are a caused by glibc; but we will catch the bug!

Regards

Sledge
Bionic_Redneck
2003-07-31 20:30:57
The reason I mention glibc is the new distos are having problem with the folding@home client and it's has been said to be a problem w/ glibc so I figure it might also be a problem with manualsend.
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-08-02 15:30:30
Hi,

quote:
The reason I mention glibc is the new distos are having problem with the folding@home client and it's has been said to be a problem w/ glibc so I figure it might also be a problem with manualsend.

I tested the "manualsend" again on various systems and: I'm puzzled!

The "manualsend" works on one system and on another (same glibc 1.2.10, same setup: LFS 4.1) not.  Seems to be something related to environment or "something completly different" like libncftp or libcurlz... which are compiled into the static linked binary.

Anyway: Seems not to be a "glibc" related prob... but I hope we will get it - the bug - now as I can reproduce the segfault on one system of my own!

Regards

Sledge
[SG]Obituary
2003-09-16 18:40:08
Hello, I'm new in this project.

manualsend for Linux didn't work for me too.
I use Red Hat 9.A and glibc 3.2.2.

manualsend output:

start downloading servers.csv
couldn't read/get server.csv or server.csv is empty

What's to be done?
Bionic_Redneck
2003-09-16 19:22:07
you can download server.csv manually and maybe that will work
http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/servers.csv
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-21 11:15:33
quote:
you can download server.csv manually and maybe that will work
http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/servers.csv

Real solution for now is: Change the servers names to its IPs in (downloaded) servers.csv and all will work fine.

[This message was edited by [AVE] MrSledgeHammer on 2003-Sep-21 at 20:21.]
Bionic_Redneck
2003-09-23 04:03:44
using ip's instead doesn't work for me.  It does get further in the process before it seg faults.
[SG]Obituary
2003-09-26 17:01:07
The ftp-upload was successful.
Thank you. 

Unfortunately there's no linux-port of the new V4.32 with improved science available at the moment
[AVE] MrSledgeHammer
2003-09-27 11:42:56
quote:
Unfortunately there's no linux-port of the new V4.32 with improved science available at the moment

... and no Solaris-port too.  Would be nice to have both ports as far as possible.

Stephen, PX3,

any statement/estimations regarding the ports?

Sledge
Stephen Brooks
2003-09-27 13:02:22
On Monday I can post the source as I have it up on the site, with some brief notes on how to remove the Windows/graphics-specific stuff.  PX3 has done a lot of the basics on some parts of the code.  In fact I think I'll keep the 4.3 source (last released) up there too, so people can diff various modules and update their port accordingly.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25162913 accesses.