stephenbrooks.orgForumMuon1Generalv4.32a release + debugging version + source
Username: Password:
Search site:
Subscribe to thread via RSS
Stephen Brooks
2003-09-29 03:32:25
The sources for my webpages are at home, so I can't update them until the evenings, but I've now released v4.32a (RAR file; Zip file alternative).  In this, I have fixed a bug Boots was having after reloading a simulation (actually turned out to be quite an important bug), plus the background version ought to be fixed again for Windows 98 users.  I've also had some reports of the queue.txt/TESTing function not working, but I've tested that here and can't get it to break.

Also out is the source code for this version.  I don't have a special compiler switch for COMMANDLINE any more, so you'll have to strip out some else-if clauses (see readme.txt in that archive).  You can try diffing this with the v4.3 source but I haven't tried so I don't know how informative this will be.

Finally for those having the "immediate crash and stack dump" bugs, there is a debugging EXE of v4.32a that you can replace your normal muon1.exe with, and hopefully it will give some line numbers before it crashes.

It doesn't make any sense: that's why they call it "virtual"
Boots
2003-09-29 04:54:36
Thank's Stephen, Shall try your debug, and let you know!
Boots

Life the Universe and Everything!
Boots
2003-09-29 05:35:26
Me back!
First thing programme still terminates by it's self in GUI.
You forgot to include the file muon1-background.exe in RAR file did not downloaded Zip file too check!  Still running.
Norman

Stephen Brooks
2003-09-29 06:58:37
quote:
Originally posted by Boots:
You forgot to include the file muon1-background.exe in RAR file did not downloaded Zip file too check!  Still running.
muon1_background.bat is in the v432a.rar file.  The debugging version only has a new muon1.exe, which actually runs all three modes (the batch files just change a command switch on it).

Boots
2003-09-29 07:01:39
I again.  You forgot in Zip also!

Stephen Brooks
2003-09-29 08:31:36
Whoops... Another important bug fixed in the autosaving/loading (just as well I didn't update signal.dat and get everyone to download v4.32a I suppose Roll Eyes )

v4.32b RAR file
v4.32b Zip file
v4.32b source
v4.32b debugging EXE

Delete all *.sav files before installing this - or even better, use a clean folder and just copy the legitimate files listed in "readme.txt" over.

Boots
2003-09-29 22:01:55
Query Stephen, Downloaded 4.32b noticed in Results.txt and Results.dat that you show V4.31c is this correct?
Boots

Stephen Brooks
2003-09-30 01:13:10
There are no results.txt or results.dat files shipped with v4.32b. The reason you can see [v4.31c] results in your file is most likely that you haven't installed to a clean folder, or that you've carried over your results files from an earlier install.  The latter case is OK: the results will just get filtered at my end into the appropriate different versions.

: contact : - - -
E-mail: sbstrudel characterstephenbrooks.orgTwitter: stephenjbrooksMastodon: strudel charactersjbstrudel charactermstdn.io RSS feed

Site has had 25161291 accesses.